Active, Passive, Graphic, Parametric, Fixed and Peaking Eqs
What are they, what are the differences between them, and how and when to use them
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
We are truly spoilt for choice when it comes to equaliser choices but do you know what they are and what the differences are between the various topologies/designs? I explain all the above in this detailed video tutorial.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Active, Passive, Graphic, Parametric, Fixed and Peaking Eqs
- What are the various Topologies
- Differences between Active and Passive
- How to use Graphic and Peaking EQs
- What are Shelves and Slopes
- Bandwidth (Q) and Resonance
- Matching Slopes
- Linear versus Minimum Phase
- Full Range EQ
- Tips and Tricks