Adding Sheen and Bounce to Roland 808 Kick drums
808 Kicks need both Bounce and Sheen - here it is!
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
There is no drum sound that has had more attention and use than the Roland 808 kick drum. It is not just a drum sound but a bass as well. I will show you how to achieve that elusive sheen and bounce you hear on so many hits nowadays.
Topics covered in this video are:
- What are sheen and bounce and how to create them
- Using parallel processing for the bounce effect
- Using Drum Synths for pitch perfect drum sound design
- Using vintage Aural Exciters
- Using various compressor and limiter topologies
- Understanding the 808 kick drum
- Tips and Tricks