Band-pass Equalisation Techniques
In this video I show you how to band-pass rap vocals so as to maximise the headroom, and how to remove redundant frequencies.
Band-pass Equalisation is often neglected when it comes to prepare your tracks for mixing. I cover the process, the pros and cons and offer advice on how to maintain headroom and manage gains.
The video covers the following topics:
- Filter Frequency Response and how to measure it
- Matching Filter Slopes for a Smooth and Clean Sound
- LP and HP Filtering and how they work
- Soloing bands in relation to the rest of the audio bandwidth
- Cleaning channels using band-pass techniques
- Redundant frequencies and how they can mar your mixes
- The elusive Air Band and how to best process it