Compressing Rap Vocals
How to use a compressor for processing Rap Vocals.
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
Compressing Rap Vocals can be a nightmare for some producers. Timing and setting the right threshold, attack and release values can be daunting as raps tend to be both rhythmic and strong in delivery. Compromising those qualities can kill the vocals dead. Let me show you how it’s done properly and professionally.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Understanding the requirements for Vocal Compression
- Compression features and use
- Side-chaining: internal and external
- Side-chain filtering practices
- Signal Path structuring
- Using various compressor topologies
- The power of Opto
- Fairchild 670 gluing exercises
- Valve Compression for Vocals
- Vari-MU features and practices
- Understanding the signal path structure
- Tips and Tricks