Creating a beat and effect from a loop
A sound design tutorial in how to create a beat and an effect from a single drum loop
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
Another sound design tutorial and this time I show you how to take an existing drum loop and create a new drum beat and an effect just from the content in the beat.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Using a Drum Loop for Sound Design Tasks
- Understanding the Effects Signal Path
- Order of Dynamics
- Using Middle and Side to extract Drum and Effect Elements
- Using Delays
- Saturation, Distortion and Tape Saturation
- Layering and Nudge
- Understanding Timeline and Grid
- Multiband EQ
- Multiband Compression
- Transient Shaping