Linear Phase Eq versus Minimum Phase Eq
A detailed tutorial on the differences between Linear and Minimum Phase Topologies, how to use them and when to use them.
Linear phase and minimum phase rear their heads almost on a daily basis and the subject still confuses many producers. Let me simplify it and show you how and when to use either topology.
Topics covered in this video are:
- The differences between Linear and Minimum Phase Topologies
- Zero Latency and Minimum Phase
- Understanding Phase and Shifting/Response
- Measuring Frequency Response
- Measuring Harmonic Distortion
- Cut versus Boost
- Slopes and Q (bandwidth)
- Using Analysers and Measuring
- Peaking and Shelves