Mix Bus Compressor Topologies
A Tutorial covering the various Compressor Topologies (designs) for the Mix Bus and how best to use them.
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
There are many different Compressor Topologies (designs) available and each one behaves differently. So, how do you know which one to use and how to use it when it comes to the master bus? I will show you.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Understanding the Mix Bus (Master Bus)
- Various Mix Bus Compression Techniques
- Linear Phase versus Minimum Phase
- Harmonics – odd/even
- Saturation and Valve/Tube
- Sheen and Grit
- Understanding Responses and Curves
- Leveling Amps
- Smoothing Transients