A detailed tutorial on what is a Multiband Compressor, how does it work and how to use it.
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
Still not sure how a multiband compressor works or when to use it or even how to use it? I will show you everything you need to know to get you working with MBC (multiband compression).
Topics covered in this video are:
- What is Multiband Compression
- Filters and Slopes
- Dynamic Triggering
- Understanding Inverted Compression for variable bandwidths
- Filter Crossovers
- Pros and Cons of MBC
- When to use it
- Which MBC for which Source
- Understanding Banded Swelling
- Timing and Tempo
- Release Value tricks
- Linear versus Minimum Phase
- Smile Curve and relative Responses
- Range and Negative Limiting