Advanced techniques on manipulating and smoothing reverbs using a de-esser.
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
The de-esser has nailed its spot in the studio as the tool to treat sibilance in vocals. But there is far more to it than that. Let me show you how to use a de-esser to smooth out your reverbs and make them warm and sexy.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Using a de-esser in place of a Filter/EQ
- Pitfalls and best practices
- Advanced studio technique for de-essing clarity
- Vocals and de-ess values
- MReverb and smearing
- Pro DS for Side-chaining
- Locating the correct biting point
- Using bandwidth de-essing