Side-chaining Vocals against the Mix
How to create space for vocals in a busy mix by using side-chaining!
In this video I show you how to side-chain the vocals in your song against the mix, against sub groups and how best to set the filter bands for optimum clarity.
Topics covered in the video are:
- Side-chaining – how to set it up and how it works
- S/C Filtering – what values to choose and how ti affect the mix
- Vocals and frequencies – how to nail those vocal frequencies
- Master bus frequencies and how they relate to the vocal frequencies
- Dynamic equalisation – how it works and how to use it
- Split band versus full band and the pros and cons of each
- Scanning frequencies to detect where to place bell and shelf nodes