Transparent Limiting with Compressors
How to use a Compressor as a Transparent Limiter for Pre Mastering your Mixes.
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
A lot of people, amateurs and seasoned pros, can get a tad confused understanding the differences between a compressor and a limiter and when to use either. I lift the lid off this minefield of a subject.
Topics covered in this video are:
- How to use a Compressor as a Transparent Limiter for Pre Mastering
- Understanding Minimum Phase
- Understanding when to use Linear Phase
- Referencing Curves
- Signal Path Management
- Pre to Comp, before or after
- Band-passing for Optimising Gains
- Managing problematic Frequencies
- Working Ranges and Responses