Using Side-Chaining to Duck Reverbs on Vocals
Ducking reverbs using side-chaining with vocals. Old school technique for cleaning vocal lines and managing spoken word in broadcasting.
Let me show you how we set up and use side-chaining to duck reverb effects on vocals so as to achieve clarity and space.
Topics covered in the video:
- How to clean vocal channels using band-pass equalisation
- Ducking reverbs using the s/c of a compressor
- Side-chain compression on effects and how to set it up
- Filtering for optimum clarity and cleanliness
- Peak versus RMS selection for the compressor mode
- Bleeding reverbs and how to control them