Using Side-Chaining to Duck Reverbs on Vocals
Ducking reverbs using side-chaining with vocals. Old school technique for cleaning vocal lines and managing spoken word in broadcasting.
Oops, Restricted ContentWe are sorry but this post is restricted to folks that have purchased this page.
Let me show you how we set up and use side-chaining to duck reverb effects on vocals so as to achieve clarity and space.
Topics covered in the video:
- How to clean vocal channels using band-pass equalisation
- Ducking reverbs using the s/c of a compressor
- Side-chain compression on effects and how to set it up
- Filtering for optimum clarity and cleanliness
- Peak versus RMS selection for the compressor mode
- Bleeding reverbs and how to control them