Layering Reverbs for a Big and Lush Effect
How to layer 3 Vocal reverbs for the ultimate in warmth and thickness.
I will show you how we set up and layer three reverbs for a bigger and more lush texture. Your mixes will take on a new texture thanks to this old school technique.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Working Reverbs in Series
- How to use your DAW’s Sends to dial in Reverb values
- Echoes and Early Reflections and how to manage them
- Space and Reflections within a given area
- Density and Diffusion for space or thickness
- Timing Early Reflections
- Filtering Practices for layering reverbs
- Feedback and Decay
- Colour and Transparency
- Relationship between E/R and Tail
- Tips and Tricks